Bramell, Party of Five: Sunday Dinner = Delicious Ham

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sunday Dinner = Delicious Ham

Last Sunday, in the middle of potty training, I managed to get our Petit Jean Spiral Sliced Ham prepared and on the table for dinner.  It was fantastic!  A couple of months ago I was watching Trisha Yearwood's cooking show on the Food Network and saw her baking a ham and making a delicious-looking glaze.  I knew that I wanted to try it.  So, when I got my ham last week, IT WAS ON.  Here is the recipe her glaze I used:  Brown Sugar Honey Glaze .

I had to modify the recipe just a bit because Trisha's ham was much bigger than mine, but it still worked.  It's hard to mess up when there are only two ingredients involved!



First, I wrapped the ham in foil and baked for about 30 minutes.  While it was baking, I made the glaze using honey and brown sugar.  Then, I took out the ham and poured on the glaze.  I wrapped it and baked for another 45 minutes.  The house smelled so sweet and yummy!



Remember, I'm not a food blogger or a professional photographer---bet you can't tell!  Ha!  So, here is your last chance to enter my giveaway.  One of my readers will win a Spiral Sliced Smoked Ham from Arkansas's own Petit Jean Meats. Go to THIS POST and follow my instructions to enter.  It would make a perfect addition to your Easter dinner (or any dinner, for that matter).  You have just under 24 hours left to get your name in the drawing...go now!  


Disclaimer:  I am a member of the Petit Jean Meats Blue Diamond Club.  Through this affiliation, I get to try out products, and give my opinions on new products and branding for the company. My opinions are my own and honest reflections of how I feel. I was given product for this giveaway, so that I could also give away a spiral sliced ham on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or thought on this topic. I want to hear from you!

 
Blogging tips